Clogged Gutters: Major Yikes
Your gutters are one of the most important aspects to keep your home safe from severe damages. They are designed to divert the flow of water away from your home. Without proper working gutters, many issues can arise causing a lot of stress on you as a homeowner. To avoid that stress, it is important to check to make sure they are properly working. Wondering what could happen if you don’t check on the gutters on your home? Well, read on to see what annoyances will occur if you don’t clean your gutters.
5 Things That Can Happen If You Don’t Clean Your Gutters
- Foundation Problems: A properly functioning gutter will carry the water through a downspout and away from your home. But a clogged gutter will do the complete opposite. It will allow water to spill over the sides and pour down your walls. The water around your foundation can cause erosion which weakens the walls leading to cracks in your foundation.
- Broken Gutters: Clogged gutters give no chance for the water they collect to go. It fills the gutters to the brim putting extra weight on your gutters causing them to bend or tear away from your roof.
- Wall and Ceiling Damage: Clogged gutters can also cause water leaks on the inside of your home. Trapped water can rot the fascia boards your gutters are mounted to letting moisture enter your home.
- Wet Basement: The water pouring down your foundation can lead to a damp basement. This is caused by water seeping through your basements porous walls and floors.
- Insect Infestations: Mosquitos are the number one annoyance we have to deal with in the warm months. With pooling water in your gutters, it is the perfect breeding ground for them. Damp mud and leaves is also an inviting place for bees and wasps to build their nest.
Forget About Gutter Maintenance With LeafGuard®
Problems caused by clogged or broken gutters are an expensive thing to fix but very easy to prevent. Instead of worrying about gutter maintenance, get LeafGuard® Gutters. You will never have to worry about clogged gutters or getting up on a ladder to maintain your gutters. LeafGuard® is a one-piece gutter system that is unique and custom to your home. It will prevent clogs from forming, keep water flowing freely, eliminate leaks and the threat of water damage, and eliminates the task of climbing a ladder. Call LeafGuard® of Oklahoma today to learn how this guttering system will benefit your home!