Storm Season: Prepare Your Oklahoma Home
We have already seen a few severe storms throughout Oklahoma in the last few weeks. With the crazy amount of hail, your home has been through a lot. As storms start to become more of a thing, it is crucial to make sure your home is not only free of damage but also storm ready. If you have not taken a look at the exterior part of your home or took some time to maintain the outside, it is crucial you get outside ASAP to evaluate the exterior part of your home. We have created a storm season checklist to go over to make sure your home is ready for the summer storms Oklahoma faces.
Storm Season Checklist
- Have your roof inspected by a professional to make sure that you don’t have torn, damaged, or missing shingles.
- Trim trees and branches at least 3 feet away from the roof surface to avoid damage to your shingles and potentially to the structure of your roof.
- Make sure your gutters are cleared of all leaves, branches, and debris. If you are looking for a maintenance-free solution, consider getting LeafGuard® Gutters installed on your home.
- Prepare your storm shelter and review your family’s emergency plans now.
- Review your home and business owner’s insurance policies to make sure that your coverages are in tiptop shape before the storm.
LeafGuard® Of Oklahoma Is Here To Help
As always, LeafGuard® of Oklahoma is here to help you get your Oklahoma home prepared for storm season. We pride ourselves on being advanced damage assessment professionals. We can come out to your Oklahoma home and inspect the exterior part for you! Contact us today for your free storm damage assessment.