May Is Here
Did you know May is National Home Improvement Month? Your home is one of the biggest investments you can make in your life so it’s important that you care for it. There is a lot that goes into keeping up with your home, from general maintenance to cleaning your furniture. It can all get very overwhelming and that’s why we have a month dedicated to home improvement. Home Improvement month was created to make it easier for homeowners to find experts to help them with their home transformations. Thinking about remodeling your home’s exterior this summer but not sure where to start? Now is the perfect time to start planning these big summer projects and LeafGuard® of Oklahoma is here for all your home improvement needs.
Upgrade Your Home
While you may think I have so many projects I want to start but which one do I start with? It’s always important to think about what ones will benefit me economically and for the summer weather. Every year you should review your exterior home to see if any damages were done to your home throughout the cold months. We have compiled a list of areas on the exterior part of your home that you should review and start planning for your summer home exterior improvement to-do list.
- Clean Your Siding: Pressure washing works well for most homes to remove dirt and algae. Check for changes in the exterior and be aware of any warping, storm damage, or signs of insects.
- Check Your Roof: Signs that you may need a new roof are missing, broken, or faded shingles. It is important you get these fixed before the summer storms hit. It could cause serious damage to your home down the road.
- Inspect Your Windows: You could be losing air due to leaks in your windows. If that’s the case, it might be time to replace your windows. Look for windows that have a nice design, ease of maintenance, and exceptional durability.
- Invest In a Backyard Sanctuary: Your backyard should be a place you can relax and enjoy in the summer. Investing in a sanctuary that fits your style will make your backyard the place to be. Invest in a nice deck and add some decor to it.
- Inspect Your Gutters: Gutters are often overlooked and underestimated in their importance. Check for clogs, proper sloping, and drainage. If you need help or notice any issues when inspecting, LeafGuard® of Oklahoma can come out to your home and provide you with expert advice. Want a maintenance-free solution? Install LeafGuard® Brand Gutters. They outperform any other guttering system on the market.
LeafGuard® Of Oklahoma Is Here To Help
We are a licensed and fully insured home improvement contractor committed to your Oklahoma home as much as you are. Ready to get started on a new gutter system, roof, or invest in a rain barrel? For a free estimate contact us today at 918-827-7900.