Prepare Your Oklahoma Home For Fall
Fall brings more than a change in the color of the leaves and shorter days. It can also lead to a shift in weather conditions that can have an impact on your Oklahoma home. Before the Fall weather fully sets in, it is time to prepare the interior of your home that can save you money and keep you healthy. We have prepared a list of areas for maintenance before the colder temperatures set in.
7 Areas To Maintenance Inside Your House
- Keep Things Dry In The Crawlspace, Basement, and Attic: Check your sump pump and wet spots or puddles in the crawlspace.
- Look For Leaks: Give your water heater and boiler a quick exam.
- Do Some Fall Cleaning: Clean around areas in your oven and range.
- Seal Things Up: If you feel any drafts around windows or doors, now is the time to address them. Check your attic insulation too.
- Check Your Smoke and Carbon-Monoxide Detectors: Be sure to see if the batteries need to be replaced.
- Get Ready For Fireplace Season: Consider having a chimney sweep do an inspection.
- Check To Be Sure You Have Fire Extinguishers: Make sure you have one per floor. The pressure indicator should show a charge, and the lock pin should be intact.
LeafGuard® of Oklahoma Is Your Fall-Ready Contractor
While checking the interior of your home to make sure it is ready for the Fall and Winter season, it is also important to inspect the exterior part of your home as well. Being an exterior contractor, we will gladly come out and inspect your gutters for free. Offering one of the best gutter systems on the market, you will not have to worry about ever checking your gutters again! Contact us today to get set up with a free estimate!