Searching for the best home exterior contractor can be a daunting task. We understand that weeding through local companies can get time-consuming. The last thing you would want to do is pay an unqualified person for something as close to your heart as your home.
If you were to hire an assistant or an employee for a company you own. You wouldn’t want to quickly hire the first person you come across. You need to be sure this is the best person for the job. We recommend you take the same approach when selecting a home improvement contractor. Here are some steps in finding the most qualified company for the job.
Recommendations and referrals. Word of mouth is always a great way to get first-hand knowledge of a customers experience with a company. You could make a post on your social media page asking for recommendations, or call up relatives and friends.
Online reviews are a great way to get to past customers critiques. Google, Facebook, Yelp, Angie’s list, and Better Business Bureau reviews are beneficial to alleviate some of your concerns. Take notice of how many reviews the company has, if they have 5 stars, but only one review online, the company may not be the best choice. For Example here are some of LeafGuard® of Oklahoma reviews:
You will notice we average 4.9 – 5 out of 5 on the majority of all these review sites, and an A+ from the Better Business Bureau. With recommendations like these, combined with our weekly customer stories, any consumer choosing LeafGuard® of Oklahoma can rest at ease knowing they have selected a great company.
Credentials. Make sure all legal requirements are covered. Ask for credentials to be certain your contractor is licensed and insured. Be positive there is a warranty on the products and service you have purchased. Ask how long the company has been in business, and how employees have been trained. Be thorough, asking too much is always better than asking too little when it comes to your home investments. If the company is transparent and explains their processes well, you will feel more confident that they know exactly what they are doing.
In addition to legal credentials, you may want to ask about any awards or recognition they have received and ask about the products they plan to use.
LeafGuard® of Oklahoma has won many awards & qualifications including:
Our Products are also award-winning:
- Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval
- GAF Timberline® Lifetime Architectural Roofing Shingles – North America’s #1 Selling Shingle
When it comes to our warranties you can expect the best. Our roofing system has a 50-year warranty provided by the manufacturer, but we back that with our own lifetime warranty!
Pricing is obviously on your mind. Taking into consideration, warranties provided, and quality of products, it’s best to have a ‘one and done’ mindset on these types of investments. You will get what you pay for if you go to a fly by night shop. Most roofs are said to last 25-30 years, but with Oklahoma’s ever-changing extreme weather, it may not last that long. A 50-year warranty it’s about twice as long as an average roofs life. Logically the best way to choose is to factor in that type of information. Going through this checklist with all of your home improvement needs like Siding, Gutters, and Insulation is wise as well.
Always ask for financing options after getting your estimate from a reputable company. LeafGuard® Oklahoma offers to finance your project with monthly payments. We like to create a long lasting relationship with our customers, so they do not have to dive into this kind of research for every home exterior project. They know they are able to turn to a trustworthy local source.
There are a few red flags we mentioned previously like the number of reviews a company receives, how long they have been in business and more. Here are some other factors to be aware of.
- The dates of the reviews you are reading. If they are not up to date on their reviews, it’s hard to tell if management has changed and if their service is still up to par.
- Competitor bashing, this is unprofessional and usually highlights the insecurity of the company doing the bashing. If you are successful in the home exterior industry, you don’t have time to put down other companies. You are busy serving your customers.
- Broken links to review sites on their website is a good indication they may want these to be inaccessible to you.
- Successful contractors will make it easy for you to get in contact with them and see a portfolio of their work. Be cautious of home improvement contractors who lack basic information, a website, social media presence, and reviews for example.
- We also recommend marking off names of anyone who takes too long to get the information requested to you.
We hope this list helps you find the best local contractor for your home exterior job. Home Solutions of Iowa is happy to provide you with a Free Estimate on your next exterior project & create a lifetime relationship with you!