Prevent gutter drainage issues with LeafGuard®.
If you’re tired of your gutters getting clogged with dirt, leaves and other debris, it’s time to invest in a solution: LeafGuard® gutters. Our clog-free gutters will prevent the various consequences of clogged gutters from happening over and over again.
Image via Jason Wilson on Flickr
From ruining a garden, to causing leaks in roofs and foundations, gutters that clog can cause a lot of costly problems. Here we’ll provide you with some handy yard drainage ideas to help ensure your gutters stay free of clogs.
Benefits of LeafGuard®
Known as the best rain gutter protection system you can get, there are many benefits to this type of system that can do away with clogs forever. This patented system features seamless construction, durable materials, and a specially designed gutter hood which helps to:
- Prevent leaves, sticks, pine needles, and other debris from entering gutters and causing clogs
- Prevent water leaks and overflows from threatening your home
- Prevent the need for dangerous climbs up ladders to scoop debris from your gutters
This type of system involves just one piece with a built-in hood to deflect the presence of leaves, twigs, acorns and more. With such a seamless design you can:
- Keep clogs from forming
- Ensure smooth flow of water
- Do away with water damage caused by gutters
Preventing Drainage Issues
Sub-par gutters can cause a variety of water drainage issues. A lot of this has to do with the quality of the gutter system in the first place, but improper pitching and pooling can also contribute. Here are some of the main yard drainage issues you may be experiencing with your existing gutters:
- Foundation damage: Debris can clog your downspouts so that rain water isn’t properly diverted away from your foundation. This can lead to leaks and flooding in your basement, saturating rugs, staining ceilings and walls, and posing a health threat though accumulated moisture that can cause allergy and asthma flare-ups – not to mention it’s a breeding ground for mold.
- Siding damage: Improper positioning and clogs in the gutter can cause water damage to siding, which can warp or stain the exterior. Such water staining occurs to vinyl and wood siding, brick and stone masonry. Wood siding especially can be damaged due to rot from too much moisture.
- Eave damage: When snow melts and can’t drain properly, it freezes in the winter to cause ice dams. When you have free-flowing gutters with no sagging in the middle, you can prevent ice dams from forming in the first place.
- Standing water: If water isn’t allowed to flow freely off your property, this can result in pooling of water, which harbors mosquitoes and other critters. This water can also accumulate around your foundation and cause leakage as well.
- When water hits the ground with force, and not diverted away from the home, it can erode the soil underneath as well as gardens, bushes and plants.
Proper installation and high quality gutters can clearly make a big difference when it comes to gutters. To learn more about yard drainage ideas or to request a quote on clog-free gutters for your home, contact one of our sales team.